Advice needed on Tarm plan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nofossil said:
Interestingly, the 3/4 EBV looks to be lower than the 1". Could be a typo.

I just called Taco to ask about this. It turns out that the 1" uses the same opening size as the 3/4", and it essentially has a built in reducer and expander on each end to get to 1". The reducer is the cause of the lower cv for the 1". So if one were to use a 3/4" valve and add a reducer so that it could be used on a 1" line then the cv would probably be similar to just using the 1" valve with the built in reducer.

Ah, nothing like going straight to the source to get the facts and end the confusion. Of course that just means I'll have to find something else to misinterpret or puzzle over.
Shouldn't take me too long.

potato said:
How would this look if the tank was pressurized and out in the shed.
Probably not much different, although I haven't given it a lot of thought and have not done all of the background research on pressurized tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.