Advice needed please...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hatesgas

Jul 14, 2009
MA
Hi all,

Love these forums. I currently use an old wood stove downstairs in my home. My mom has a pellet stove that she doesn't use and thinks it needs servicing. I could use it upstairs. IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1908.JPG IMG_1909.JPG The only thing I know about the stove is that is says Waterford on the side. Anyone know anything about this stove? Thanks all!

Should be a plate on the back cabinet that would have the model name and manufacturer. Looks like it may be a Waterford "Emerald" pellet stove that is discontinued by Regency. Manual https://assets.regency-fire.com/get...-8393-c1fbac665588/Emerald-Pellet-manual.aspx

Why did Mom stop using it? I would suggest cleaning it up outside with compressed air before you install. Pay particular attention to the exhaust pathway.

I took another look at the pics and would suggest a bit of a touch up on the rust. Stove Bright or VHT found in automotive stores.

Thank you. She said it didn't work, but I think she probably didn't want to spend the money to fix it. I figure I could take and spend some money, if needed, to fix it and then use it as a heat sources upstairs. I am NOT one to do this myself so I will have to have someone come out and check it out. There is a Regency dealer down the street from me.

Give it a good cleaning as a large portion of stoves that do not work are improper cleaning. The manual seems to be better than most as far as troubleshooting. I would suggest that if it is outside, leave unplugged and disconnect the vacuum switch and blow out the exhaust passages with compressed air or do the leaf blower trick on the exhaust outlet on the back. Warning ... it will be messy. Reconnect vac switch, plug it in and give it a try. It would be helpful to at least give the shop symptoms to work with and it may be something really simple.

I have one of those Waterford Emerald stoves too. Mine is green porcelain or at least looks like it is, Minimally needs a convection blower since one fan was missing when i bought it. Parts may be tough to source since they stopped making these years ago.

Made in Ireland, really nice looking stove though, even has a castle on side cast pieces!

Mine will be a winter fun project.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Yep do not see lots about the old ones,so there is a reason for that.As you know nothing about pellet stoves,I do not recommend you use this for dependent heat,but is a nice collectors item.

Status
Not open for further replies.