Advice on buying a Dell Point Europa 75

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeghonFire

Jan 9, 2016
Maine
Hi everyone, a friend of a friend is selling his Dell Point Europa 75 stove. He said he bought it used from a stove shop (I think it was their floor model) and used it himself for 3 or 4 seasons. It was too hot for his smaller space. He said it's in good running shape. I'm just curious--has anyone had experience with this model? Do you like it? I believe they are out of business or at least aren't making pellet stoves anymore, is that a deal breaker?

He thinks the unit is somewhere around 7-8 years old, and he is charging me $1200 for it (since I know his friend, he says). Sound too good to be true? I don't have photos yet or I'd post those.

Thanks for any advice! We are switching from a busted old wood stove to pellet and looking to save some money if possible.

Hi everyone, a friend of a friend is selling his Dell Point Europa 75 stove. He said he bought it used from a stove shop (I think it was their floor model) and used it himself for 3 or 4 seasons. It was too hot for his smaller space. He said it's in good running shape. I'm just curious--has anyone had experience with this model? Do you like it? I believe they are out of business or at least aren't making pellet stoves anymore, is that a deal breaker?

He thinks the unit is somewhere around 7-8 years old, and he is charging me $1200 for it (since I know his friend, he says). Sound too good to be true? I don't have photos yet or I'd post those.

Thanks for any advice! We are switching from a busted old wood stove to pellet and looking to save some money if possible.

Anyone??

never a popular stove, Company is no longer in business so replacement parts will be hard to get so I would pass on that stove

Ditto - you'll need parts sooner or later, and some are not generic.

I have owned the Europa 75 since 2007 with few problems until now. However, it is more of a sports car than a pick-up truck. It's a little finicky on the pellet you use, it must be very clean, and you'll need to clean and vacuum it out weekly. If you don't mind that plus the issues with parts others have mentioned, this may be right for you. The price doesn't excite me given your potential problems servicing it.

I have had my Europa since 2008 and it does a great job beating our home. I would buy the stove but would not pay what he's asking. I would think $800 would be a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.