Advice on englander 25-ep pellet feeding.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a trick to getting all the pellets to go to the auger? A lot of pellets stay at the side of the hopper.

People use different things but a couple of them are sanding the sides of the hopper and/or wiping the sides of the hopper with wax paper.

I've used spray furniture polish, like Behold or Pledge with good results too.

DaveyWoodard said:
Is there a trick to getting all the pellets to go to the auger? A lot of pellets stay at the side of the hopper.

I've found a hamster in the hopper works great. When the auger turns he scampers up the sides pushing all pellets and fines to the bottom. The slight noise appears to bother my PETA friends some. The kids love how "Scampy" wins all of the hamster races too. :eek:hh:

Seriously, thank you for the question. I'll try the wax paper trick. Wish I could just teflon my hopper. Usually I brush it down when I want it to run out of pellets or I add pellets for a longer burn.

Jay
No animals were harmed in the posting of this message. We got stronger and faster!

Panhandler said:
Spray graphite does the trick for me.

Thank you I'll try the graphite. Graphite does not cause dust etc. to cling like oil or wax.

BTW, sorry about the hamster post. I meant to cut that out before hitting send. =:-o :red: I watched a chipmunk climb under my roof shingles before writing that. Just another thing to deal with before they have babies in there.
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.