Advice on US Stove 5510 and 5500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquire

Dec 2, 2009
PA
There is a local store in my area going out of business, they are offering the US Stove King Pellet Stove models 5510 and 5500 for the same price. Any advice on which unit would be better?

Looks to be about the same stove. The 5500 gives a little more heat, but the 5510 has an ashpan. Which do you want more?

Also, before buying either stove, do a search of this forum. There have been problems with those stoves....the 5510 is better, but the main thing seems to be poor customer service......not a good sign.

Unless your getting these stoves at an unreal price, I might consider some other brand, IMO.

a friend of mine has the 5500,the only problem has been igniter went bad and she called the company and they sent her a new one right away. i think this stove is an animal,cleans it about every 5-7 days and it puts out heat better than most expensive stoves. the only flaw i see is glass gets dirty real easy,does not have oak kit,dealer told her she doesnt need it,but i think it would help because its in a old house.has burned several different brands of pellets and it just keeps working.so if price is right ,make a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.