Advise on Vermont Castings Rsolute Acclaim: Secondary door not 'latching' door falls open...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zzr7ky

Minister of Fire
Jun 12, 2006
Hi -

I just rebuilt my VC Resolute Acclaim: New combustion chamber, upper fireback, fireback door, and gaskets. All went in no trouble.

However the secondary burn door would not latch - it will not 'catch' in the detent to lock the secondary door closed. I tried a slightly longer screw on the adjustable part.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

This should have a cam action latch. Examine yours for wear or slop in the linkage. I'm not sure if the Acclaim uses the same mechanism as the older Resolute for the bypass, but if it does this thread may be helpful. Look at the links I posted about midway through the thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/47246/

Thanks -

I will pull it out and inspect it with the vent collar removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.