Aesthetically Speaking...Pipe color for Ivory Jotul Oslo

MikeinMadison Posted By MikeinMadison, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM

1. MikeinMadison

MikeinMadison

Aug 20, 2006
    Hi all
    Our ivory Jotul Oslo will soon be here and we're trying to decide what to do with the stovepipe, color-wise. Specifically, would you go with the black, the flat ivory Jotul paint (which will be close to the stove but not spot-on), or some other color? Rustoleum makes some high heat paint that is semi-gloss... Thoughts? Thanks!

2. mfglickman

mfglickman
    Minister of Fire

Jan 17, 2012
    Loc:
    NW CT
    Do you Have pics of the room and setup, without the stove?

3. suprz

suprz

Sep 24, 2012
    Loc:
    Rhode island
    My jotul is ivory colored, and we have the black double wall stove pipe. It makes for a good contrast. I dont know what the ivory colored pipe would look like

4. CarbonNeutral

CarbonNeutral
    Minister of Fire

Jan 20, 2009
    Loc:
    Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
    I have an ivory against a limestone tile wall. We have black pipe exiting horizontally. Looks great.

5. mking7

mking7
    Burning Hunk

Jan 26, 2011
    Loc:
    West, TX
    I don't have a jotul but I have an ivory colored Encore with matching pipe. I think I'm being objective since we inherited the stove with the house, we didn't pick it out. It looks good. I don't know if I'd like black pipe in my situation. Gloss to flat could be contrast depending on the setup. We are getting close to pulling the trigger on a brown stove and I could see black looking ok for that but not sure about white and black. Might be too much contrast but it really depends on the rest of the room and setup. Post some pics and you'll get all kinds of opinions.