Aesthetically Speaking...Pipe color for Ivory Jotul Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeinMadison

Aug 20, 2006
Hi all
Our ivory Jotul Oslo will soon be here and we're trying to decide what to do with the stovepipe, color-wise. Specifically, would you go with the black, the flat ivory Jotul paint (which will be close to the stove but not spot-on), or some other color? Rustoleum makes some high heat paint that is semi-gloss... Thoughts? Thanks!

Do you Have pics of the room and setup, without the stove?

My jotul is ivory colored, and we have the black double wall stove pipe. It makes for a good contrast. I dont know what the ivory colored pipe would look like

I have an ivory against a limestone tile wall. We have black pipe exiting horizontally. Looks great.

I don't have a jotul but I have an ivory colored Encore with matching pipe. I think I'm being objective since we inherited the stove with the house, we didn't pick it out. It looks good. I don't know if I'd like black pipe in my situation. Gloss to flat could be contrast depending on the setup. We are getting close to pulling the trigger on a brown stove and I could see black looking ok for that but not sure about white and black. Might be too much contrast but it really depends on the rest of the room and setup. Post some pics and you'll get all kinds of opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.