AF Integra - Ticking Sound?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKBAGUY

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Milford, PA
I'm getting a 'click' or 'tick' sound from my stove when the auger activates. I know the motor itself needs to be replaced and/or cleaned/relubed because of the 'whirring gear' sound, but I'm wondering if any of you guys can tell me if this sound is the logic board? Perhaps the rubber 'foot' the motor rests on at the rear of the stove is missing? I found some 'fines' at the bottom of the stove - could bad bushings be the cause of this? Or, is it just the motor and/or circuit board knocking on death's door?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Could be because your auger motor has slipped from the shaft. If it looks like your auger motor is almost resting on the floor, it needs to be retightened. Loosen the collar and then push the auger motor up on shaft and retighten. It will take 2 hands to do this.(Oh joy)
If you have fines are directly underneath the auger motor, then yes your bushing need to be replaced.
If everything else is working ok you circuit and control boards are ok.

Mark, thanks for the reply. That's encouraging news, and it makes sense since the sound is not consistent - there are spots where it disappears. Looks like I'll have to pull her out and have a look.

There is, for the want of a better word, a "heavy" end of the auger, I think what it happening is the auger motor moves when the shaft rotates, but the heavy end slips back down and hits the floor, hence the clicking sound
I think that once you adjust auger motor back on the shaft it should fix it.
While your in there take out the set screw of the collar and check to make sure it is not stripped.
PS make sure you use metric allen wrenches

Just got done replacing the auger bushing and repositioning the sound - isolating 'boot' on the end plate. You guys were right - she just needed a little TLC. All is well in pelletland tonight. Thanks for the help!

Boy, it doesn't take much to detour into a beer thread! Must be the weekend! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.