Afghanistan scrounge with pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allhandsworking

Feeling the Heat
Sep 30, 2008
NYC
A friend left the Coast Guard reserves and joined the army so "he could go to Afghanistan"! I found these in my email folder from last year. He told me he had not seen a tree for a year other than some trees in town. I wonder how far this chap had to drive for this fire wood? My friend compared it to the stone age with Toyotas,AK47 and cell phones! Good bless the troops!!

Attachments

• GetAttachment[2].jpg
    GetAttachment[2].jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 768
  • GetAttachmentCAS0XR2X.jpg
    GetAttachmentCAS0XR2X.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 709
nothing attached?

......and here I was......all excited and worked up.....

Sorry I'll try againI'm on a iPad. The attach file box does not respond (not highlighted)

They must have driven a long way to find that wood. In the first picture I don't see a living plant of any kind, let alone a tree, and it looks like we can see for miles.

We are so fortunate to live in this country and to have young men and women willing to give of themselves to protect our freedoms!

Its getting cold here...and wood is a hot item. We are indeed lucky in the states to live in a place where clear cutting has not happened. Many folks hate the government for regulations...but seeing a place where anything goes, regulations are not all that bad when they better the community. OK - off the soap box....

Its getting cold here in Kabul...and wood is a hot item. We are indeed lucky in the states to live in a place where clear cutting has not happened. Many folks hate the government for regulations...but seeing a place where anything goes, regulations are not all that bad when they better the community. OK - off the soap box....

Here is another load coming in:

Newkindlig.gif

I saw that guy leaving home depo the other day!

I had hair like that during the 70's haha. God bless our TROOPS love them all.

Man,,,I hope the guy in that red truck doesnt smoke. One match out that truck window.....and....BOOM !!

Looking at the guy's tractor, it looks like a massey ferguson 250, the same as what I have, and heres me thinking that I had a real status symbol, turns out anyone can afford one of these even in Afghanistan, and his trailer looks to be in far better shape than mine.

Wow, I like the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.