After 10 months in lay- away

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timusp40

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2010
Lake Orion, Michigan
I doubt that many out there will remember my posts from months ago, but here goes. I put a Woodstock Fireview in lay-away last September and am happy to say that I finally made the last payment and had it shipped to its new home.
DSCF3707.JPG
Here it is in the old GMC. I got it on a dolly and triple strapped in. I am going to try to do a photo step by step install starting with taking it off the truck to our first fire. A lot of work yet to do, but now that It is here, I can't wait to strike the first match. And by the way Dennis if you are reading, 10 full cords of split mixed hardwood has been waiting patiently inthe backyard since 2011 and a lot of it is ash that was standing dead. All up on pallets and top covered only. I feel like a kid at Christmas that finally got his wish. Will post again soon.

It sounds like you are all set Tim.....I know that anticipation feeling as I bought a new Buck 91 and it will have it's maiden voyage starting this year. BUT I am ok waiting a bit longer yet for the cold to arrive. Also got to say way to go on getting that wood ready and drying. Enjoy.:)

Hope ya like it. If not their Sales Manager Dennis is toast. ;lol

Congrats. Good heater ya got there.

Have fun and be real careful. Rick

I doubt that many out there will remember my posts from months ago, but here goes.

I can't remember what my wife tells me minutes after we talk but I remember your posts! ;lol Congrats on getting the stove home!

Reactions: ScotO
Congrats man , Hay brother, I see another Michigander :cool:
I am getting a Used Lopi so I feel your excitement
Burn Baby Burn

You are going to love that woodstove!! Wish I was as 'well stocked' on wood as you are. It will be a year or two before I have that much seasoned wood! Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your installation.

Just in time for the fall season. You are a patient man. Congratulations! Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

put a Woodstock Fireview in lay-away last September and am happy to say that I finally made the last payment....I can't wait to strike the first match.
I know that anticipation feeling as I bought a new Buck 91 and it will have it's maiden voyage starting this year.
I ran both stoves last season...you guys have got a couple of good heaters there. :) Let the pics and stories commence! :cool:

Great stove, you're going to love it! I put mine in last fall and I couldn't be happier with it's performance! Got some better wood this year too, so I should get some great burn times now..... Be careful getting that rock off the truck, I almost dropped mine! It's a lot heavier than it looks, trust me....

All the good things I hear about Woodstock, I am sure you'll be loving that stove.....and for all the "likes" I gave in this thread, that's because I'm subscribed to the thread too now......I wanna see the install. I love a good install on a beautiful stove.....

So......GET TO WORK!!;)

I doubt that many out there will remember my posts from months ago, but here goes. I put a Woodstock Fireview in lay-away last September and am happy to say that I finally made the last payment and had it shipped to its new home.

Here it is in the old GMC. I got it on a dolly and triple strapped in. I am going to try to do a photo step by step install starting with taking it off the truck to our first fire. A lot of work yet to do, but now that It is here, I can't wait to strike the first match. And by the way Dennis if you are reading, 10 full cords of split mixed hardwood has been waiting patiently inthe backyard since 2011 and a lot of it is ash that was standing dead. All up on pallets and top covered only. I feel like a kid at Christmas that finally got his wish. Will post again soon.

What do you mean Tim? I'm betting plenty of folks remember. And I'm betting many also remember you cutting and stacking long before you were to get the stove. That, sir, was a touch of brilliance.

We are really happy for you that you've finally gotten the stove. You were a very patient man and my hat is off to you. So now not only do you have a fine wood pile but a fine stove to burn that wood in. You are in for a very warm house this coming winter. Congratulations.

Hey wait a minute........ I'm sure that stove is off your truck and safely in your house by now and we haven't seen a picture of the stove yet??? I'm going to ask a mod to suspend your account for a day for that infraction! !!!

I want to see that stove! What color scheme did you go with?

Reactions: keninmich
OK and thanks for all the support out there. To be honest, I stopped posting months ago because the whole project was financially not working out. I keep remembering something I said on a post a while back that everything happens for a reason. Thank you all for the replies. The Fireview has been unloaded and is waiting patiently in the garage. Hearth is under construction, but I only have limited time to work on the install. By the way, every call that I have made to woodstock was answered promptly and every issue resolved to my satisfaction. Gotta get this install done and fire that soapstone up!

OK and thanks for all the support out there. To be honest, I stopped posting months ago because the whole project was financially not working out. I keep remembering something I said on a post a while back that everything happens for a reason. Thank you all for the replies. The Fireview has been unloaded and is waiting patiently in the garage. Hearth is under construction, but I only have limited time to work on the install. By the way, every call that I have made to woodstock was answered promptly and every issue resolved to my satisfaction. Gotta get this install done and fire that soapstone up!
My apologies Tim, I was just poking fun that's all. I do love the stove though and I look forward to your install pics. Good luck, you'll love this stove!

Rock it, Tim.

Rock it ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'm glad that everything has worked out for you. Keep the pics coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.