after 8 yrs xxv igniter shot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Central NH

Feb 24, 2013
How much of a pain is it to replace igniter? looks like an easy fix buy tight space. How do I get igniter out of the cradle?

Hello

First, Did it blow your Circuit Board fuse? You may want to check that.
I recommend a seperate Ignitor fuse. See pics here.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ignitor-save-the-board-fuse-and-power.126865/

Changing the igniitor, is not difficult.
First you have to cut the wire tie in the back of the stove that has the yellow and light blue ignitor wires bundled up. Then you will have enough slack to get the ignitor out.
Next, take the bolts out that hold the ignitor cradle in by removing them front the front of the burn pot.
Pull the ignitor and cradle down and out until you see the clips on the end of the ignitor wires and unclip them from the stove's wire harness.
Bend the 2 tabs that hold the cover plate on the cradle until they are straight and remove the cover plate.
Note which side of the ignitor cradle the ignitor wires hang out and put the new ignitor in the same way.
Put the cover plate back on and bend the tabs, then clip new ignitor wires into the harnes and pull the slack into the back of the stove.
Bolt the cradle back in and put a new wire tie on the wires in back of the stove to keep them away from any hot parts!

Easy Peasy
Have fun! Let us know how it works.

Last edited:
I know its the igniter since the stove works I just had to light it with gel and match. I did the inline fuse a few yrs ago. Actually the stove shop says he can't believe I went 8 years here in NH without replacing one. My stove runs Oct to June on most years w/ thermostat on wall.

I know its the igniter since the stove works I just had to light it with gel and match. I did the inline fuse a few yrs ago. Actually the stove shop says he can't believe I went 8 years here in NH without replacing one. My stove runs Oct to June on most years w/ thermostat on wall.
You should frame that ignitor!

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.