After a day splitting & stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I came in then loaded up the Liberty with 9-10 splits of Cherry, off she went and the last time I checked the stovetop had flattened out at 625.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4398.jpg
    100_4398.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 721
  • 100_4399.jpg
    100_4399.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 715
  • 100_4400.jpg
    100_4400.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 736
  • 100_4401.jpg
    100_4401.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 718
  • 100_4402.jpg
    100_4402.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 733
It takes you all day to split that? Wow, I thought I was slow!

Looks good zap. I can almost feel the warmth here.

I don't think I'd dare load my stove that full!!!!

Brilliant pictures, I presume you used a good zoom lens from a distance..... ;-)

woodchip said:
I don't think I'd dare load my stove that full!!!!

Brilliant pictures, I presume you used a good zoom lens from a distance..... ;-)

The first two are up close without any zoom, once it kicked in I closed the door then took some pictures. Our wood is seasoned so I can close the air down most of the way at a stovetop temp of 350, just before it hits 550 I'll close it down all the way which makes the temp go up to 625, then it's like being on cruise control.

zap

Dont get much cherry here but what I cut last spring is really nice wood (yes it dried to 18% over the summer) burnt some this morning and the stove shot up to 600 (cold start) in about 20 mins to a half an hour. I'm hoping I like all the Green ash as well as the cherry cause the cherry is about gone. Zap your pictures are fun to view and that fire looks great.

What sort of whether do you have in your area? I can only pack my 30 like that if it is below zero F, with wind.

-SF

Considering how I feel after a day of that, I was expecting hot tub photo's :smirk:

Since we are stuck w/ your burn pics, it looks like the lopi is kicking some tail!

pen

Stove its packed nice. Getting me pumped for my install next week. Nice pics....don't melt the camera

SlyFerret said:
What sort of whether do you have in your area? I can only pack my 30 like that if it is below zero F, with wind.

-SF

We heat from the basement, that night this was the last fire, it was 18 degrees that night. Woke up with the house at 68, just wanted to see how the house would hold the heat so I started the overnight burn real early, turned out pretty good.

zap

zapny said:
SlyFerret said:

-SF

We heat from the basement, that night this was the last fire, it was 18 degrees that night. Woke up with the house at 68, just wanted to see how the house would hold the heat so I started the overnight burn real early, turned out pretty good.

zap
Sounds like really good to me Zap. I don't worry as much as I used to, and don't load as full because I don't sleep so good anymore and am up in the night, so throwing wood on is not a big problem. I wish I could sleep through the night, but between age and a broken back, that isn't an option anymore. Glad it is working for you though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.