After market rebuild kits,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockpicker

Aug 3, 2014
Pa.
The bad news is I blew up my husky 350 today. Needs a top end at the very least. Always been a good saw and I think worth a rebuild. Not real familiar with chainsaw rebuild kits. Any manufacturers that stand above the rest in quality? I have seen them anywhere from 49$ up to 175$.

The good news is I replaced it with a new Stihl MS 362 CM. Will report how the new M-Tronic is once I get a few tanks through it.

Meteor is the best of the aftermarket kits, also the most expensive. I always try to find used original equipment cylinder jug before going the after market route. I've done 2 rebuilds and both times I was able to find OE cylinder jugs. I used Meteor pistons and rings in both however with no issues either time.

Thanks. Good info.

I used a HyWay kit on my 360. I have maybe 10 tanks through it since the rebuild and it seems ok so far

First thing is to figure out why it failed. If you have to tear it completely down, reseal the riser block and replace crank seals, it can easily become more work and expense than it's worth for a saw that won't bring more than $150 on CL even in great condition.

First thing is to figure out why it failed. If you have to tear it completely down, reseal the riser block and replace crank seals, it can easily become more work and expense than it's worth for a saw that won't bring more than $150 on CL even in great condition.

I am betting it is the plastic manifold clamp. Supposedly this saw is known for that. I have no thoughts on selling it so for me it'll be worth it. Dont plan to tear it down till after the holidays. I'll revisit this thread and post up some pictures. Thanks for the helpful replies.

Yes, the manifold clamp is one possibility but another common issue is a loose or missing screw holding the riser block down. Much bigger PITA.

If the original cylinder is not badly scored, just clean it up and give it a new Meteor piston.

Hi Lockpicker
See if you can find Weedeaterman online
Good quality Aftermarket parts that they stand behind,great customer service.
Thomas

Reactions: Angelo C
I rebuilt a Husky 350, it had leaking crank seals and leaking crankcase joint. The plastic relaxes and the screws become loose. Intake manifold is another known
leak point.

I rebuilt a Husky 350, it had leaking crank seals and leaking crankcase joint. The plastic relaxes and the screws become loose. Intake manifold is another known
leak point.
P
Good info. How does it run since the rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.