After nearly 6 seasons a problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakII

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Came home this morning after working a night shift to a high pitch squeal coming from our corn stove. Our St. Croix Greenfield has run for nearly 6 full heating seasons...nonstop, and this is it's first "breakdown"!The culprit was the room air or convection blower. Now what I need to know is do you replace the whole blower unit or just the motor?

Same thing happened on my Prescott a couple years back.
I replaced the whole unit. Ordered it from a Dealer and
they had it shipped to me.

edit: here's a pic of the old unit removed. Not sure if it
looks the same as what you have. Think I paid around
$117 for a new one?
stove_blower.jpg

Not really that hard to change the bearings. Cheapest way out or at least keep it for a spare once you order a new blower. I think the bearings are less than $3 bucks a piece.

Pretty much identical to the one above. I think I'll get a new one from the dealer and rebuild the old one for a spare. It was my intention to have a spare motors on hand for the next season anyway.

E-bay i got one for my st Croix, it was the entire unit shipped for 120 bucks.. Just type the part Number in your browser and it will show up

Ordered and paid for one this morning from a shop north of here, supposed to be in tomorrow morning. It turned out to be 40 bucks cheaper than a bigger shop 60 miles away that didn't have one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.