After The Storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
On the radio they were calling it the "Storm of the Decade" and saying the old timers couldn't remember a worse one. I say bologna! We've had much worse storms than this, even as recently as last year and the year before. We only got a foot of snow. We've gotten way more than that in a single storm before. The wind has blown harder. The drifts have been bigger. And the temperature has been way colder. I think the old timers are suffering from memory loss.

It's supposed to warm up a little this weekend and maybe I can start packing some of the trails in the woods. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Snowflakes!
IMG_4843.jpg

The woodstack that I'm currently burning from.
IMG_4848.jpg

The plow truck going by, again.
IMG_4849.jpg

And right behind the plow truck is the pulp truck. The loggers have a little bit bigger equipment than I do so they can still work in the woods!
IMG_4850.jpg

I'm sure everybody recognizes this, you've seen it pictured hundreds of times, my wood hauling trailer. Looks pretty sad right now, sitting there doing nothing.
IMG_4853.jpg

The beginning of the trail into the woods, and at this time also the end. Snoopy is pointing at it, as if shaking a finger to scold it, but the white obstacle still won't go away.
IMG_4855.jpg

Some of my overflow woodstacks.
IMG_4857.jpg

And a few more stacks of excess firewood.
IMG_4858.jpg

And a very depressed-looking balsam fir.
IMG_4865.jpg

I thought the dogs were hooked to a sleigh. :) °C

The old timers they're quoting probably can't remember thier names nor what the Home served for breakfast this morning.

Always cracks me up when a weather forecaster forecasts an absurd temperature or snow total for tomorrow, and when tomorrow comes , somewhere , someplace that temp or snow total happened.

There can be some beautiful sunny blue sky days after a storm or hurricane, though.

Jack Straw said:

No quads ran out of gas, they're puling him back home. :) LOL

bogydave said:
Jack Straw said:

No quads ran out of gas, they're puling him back home. :) LOL
Ha! They would sure try though. Especially the beagle, she's a fireball. The old dog (Goldie) is slowing down now, after 14 years. She's content to lay in the middle of the floor so you can fall over her in the dark! I nicknamed her "rug" in recent years.

Quads- you are the KING of this site! Great pictures, thanks and keep them coming!

Great pictures quad. I thought you had the dogs pulling the trailer.

Zap

Beautiful area you live in Quads.

Rob

Wait, one of your captions said "excess" firewood. What exactly is that? never heard that term used before!

quads how do you do your pictures like that with the captions in between? And how can you post so many pictures in one message? I can only get 2 or sometimes 3 but that is after I downsize them allot.

PINEBURNER said:
Wait, one of your captions said "excess" firewood. What exactly is that? never heard that term used before!
I've got ample excess firewood. Get more and more every year! I pile it all over the countryside. Like money in the bank.

’berta Burner said:
quads how do you do your pictures like that with the captions in between? And how can you post so many pictures in one message? I can only get 2 or sometimes 3 but that is after I downsize them allot.
I resize all my photos to 800x600 or smaller before uploading to Picasa, and try to keep them roughly 100kb or so (I'm on really crappy dialup, which I have been having a lot of problems with lately, so I know the importance of small file sizes).

Then, I do not attach them to a post. I use the image tag above (img)(/img) and insert the URL between the tags. I can then type what I want above, below, beside, etc.

Like this as an example (use the [] instead of ( ).
(img)your picture url here(/img)

And then type some more stuff here:
(img)another picture url here(/img)

and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.