After work CL score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
appears to be just under a face cord.

Easy Easy score, this was from a HUGE oak that just missed flattening a house. the truck was about 30" diameter, pretty sure my 16" bar would have not been able to tackle that. the homeowner let me back my truck up to a pile of 8"-16" rounds that was already bucked to length and told me to take as much as I wanted. So i filled up the stepside as much as possible. She said there are few people coming for the truck tommarow, so im not going to bother.

Not stacked like that for any real reason, just in a transition area, I need to move it to my wood pile which unfortunatly isnt accesble by the truck

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 297
Cold,

How much firewood do you think you will end up with after you split it. Any score is a great score!

ColdNH said:
appears to be just under a face cord.

Easy Easy score, this was from a HUGE oak that just missed flattening a house. the truck was about 30" diameter, pretty sure my 16" bar would have not been able to tackle that. the homeowner let me back my truck up to a pile of 8"-16" rounds that was already bucked to length and told me to take as much as I wanted. So i filled up the stepside as much as possible. She said there are few people coming for the truck tommarow, so im not going to bother.

Not stacked like that for any real reason, just in a transition area, I need to move it to my wood pile which unfortunatly isnt accesble by the truck

Great score.

zap

bsig31r said:
Cold,

How much firewood do you think you will end up with after you split it. Any score is a great score!

Probably around 1/3 of a cord. I am curious to see if the pile grows or shrinks after splitting, guess it all depends on how tight the stacking is

But don't stack it tight. Stack it loosely so it gets maximum air circulation. Good score!

Status
Not open for further replies.