Afton Bay #2 blinking only on low heat setting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cristiansmom

Hearth Supporter
Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
So the last few days I posted about my Afton Bay having the number 2 light blinking. I've done a lot of research and did everything that they said ( cleaning hidden Ash Chambers, cleaning exhaust pipe, checking vacuum tube and switch, checking combustion blower, changing door gasket cleaning room blower) so after all that it's still shuts off blinking number 2 but only on the lowest heat setting! If I start the stove on number 2 or above and it's fine but if I start it on heat setting number one it goes to the whole process and then when the room blower comes on it turns very slow and shuts off blinking #2. if I push the on-off button to restart it right away the room blow up goes on full blast and everything's fine. like I said if I started in heat setting 2 or above everything is fine also... Any suggestions????

Debi