Afton Bay Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck p

Oct 11, 2008
Pittston Pa.
I have a 2006 Afton Bay on a thermostat and it's cheap one I'm looking for something better.I have it set at 70 and once it hit's 72 it goes into idle mode. The previous one I tried would as soon as it hit 70 it would go into idle,Is there a thermostat that has a feature to adjust for this.
Thanks

Waiting for someone more knowledgable to chime in. I would like to upgrade ours too.

We have a 2006 model that has only been in use for 5 years.

I use a digital cheapie I picked up at True Value, something like $20. It works fine, except I can't adjust the swing, but that's okay in full heating season. I'd like more swing during the shoulder seasons, where I would use the SmartStat feature. I don't use SmartStat because the swing is so small that the stove would be starting up too often for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.