Aga Little Wenlock Classic SE - modification query

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

epcp

Dec 9, 2013
UK
Hi
I have an Aga Little Wenlock Classic SE (Smoke Exempt) wood burning stove and I was wondering if anyone knows how to effectively turn it back into the Classic version (i.e. not smoke exempt) as we're thinking of moving house to a non-smoke controlled area and would like to take the stove with us.

Thanks

Why is there a problem with it being smoke controlled? Isn't that a good thing?

Oops maybe I'm getting my terminology wrong, it's been a while since I was in the uk.

Hi epcp,
smoke control stoves have a mechanism to stop the stove being turned down to far, some are a simple bolt which can be removed, others are built like that and can't be altered.
Not sure about the little wedlock, I suggest you email AGA with your enquiry.

Regards

Billy.

Thanks all. I'll ask Aga and see what they say. You're correct - it can't be turned down very far and burns very quickly.

Reactions: Billybonfire
Hi epcp. I wondered how you got on with your Aga Little Wenlock. Did you manage to adjust it enough to shut down the top air control?

Status
Not open for further replies.