Again With Pics...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
High speed is supposed to be the blowers rated voltage which I believe to be a nominal 115 volts. At least that is the case on all that I've seen. Your instruction manual is silent on that. Usually the house is about 120. That would leave a bit of slack to allow the trim controls to match local conditions and still some wiggle room. You can check it on the motors name plate.

Since you didn't have a qualified installer do that part of the deal is your warranty even valid?

Better read the fine print.

My house voltage is 124vac at that recepticle. The "authorized dealer" I bought it from approved my drawing of my exhaust run and placement in my home for the warranty.

1BadTitan said:
My house voltage is 124vac at that recepticle. The "authorized dealer" I bought it from approved my drawing of my exhaust run and placement in my home for the warranty.

See if you can get that information from the tech, I don't have a tech manual for that stove. Talk to the dealer, it is the only way short of talking directly to Lennox.

Alright Smokey... The tech called me tday and asked if he could come by and check out the unit. I was like... Hell yea you can come look at it !!!!!! He came over, said my exhaust run is good, and said Lennox added a second air wash for the front glass about 2 years ago to help keep the glass clean... Since then techs have been busy sealing one of them up, like the original design. So today, he sealed up the lower air wash. My damper is open maybe 3/4"-1" and the pellets are burning completely, the fire is low. The burn pot is burning evenly. The ash is "popcorning" like there's actually some draft. We will see how the night goes.

1BadTitan said:
Alright Smokey... The tech called me tday and asked if he could come by and check out the unit. I was like... Hell yea you can come look at it !!!!!! He came over, said my exhaust run is good, and said Lennox added a second air wash for the front glass about 2 years ago to help keep the glass clean... Since then techs have been busy sealing one of them up, like the original design. So today, he sealed up the lower air wash. My damper is open maybe 3/4"-1" and the pellets are burning completely, the fire is low. The burn pot is burning evenly. The ash is "popcorning" like there's actually some draft. We will see how the night goes.

There ya go a good ole air pressure problem. Air flow is the name of the game.

Yep... I feel pretty good about it too. The tech said I cleaned it good, so at least I can do that right. I just checked it and I can still see the grate in the burn pot. This is good.

Ok, I just woke up. This morning I got home around 6:45am and she was still burning.... I looked in and I could still see the grate. It is still going clean and strong as I type this. I think my issue is solved. Thanks Smokey, you were a huge help. Been burning for about 24 hours now, and all looks good.

1BadTitan,

Glad all looks well again. Smokey good job on that. Maybe you have a new line of work in your future?

I was about to pack her up and return it. It was consuming my life. As soon as I got home from work, I'd start messing with it. Then as soon as I'd wake up, right back to it. I was losing sleep over that thing. I just wanted it right. If not for you guys, I would've probably already returned it.

1BadTitan said:
I was about to pack her up and return it. It was consuming my life. As soon as I got home from work, I'd start messing with it. Then as soon as I'd wake up, right back to it. I was losing sleep over that thing. I just wanted it right. If not for you guys, I would've probably already returned it.

I know how you felt. I had major issues with my bigE last year. Came upon deaf ears on my dealer. Then I joined here. Someone PM'ed me a other area dealer. This dealer cared and fixed me up(I didn't have the funds for the needed parts and the stove was still under warranty). Good place here and I try to repay by assisting with issues. But guys like smokey make this place special.

Did you go back to the original pellets(Lignetics) yet?
jay

Believe me when I say I've been there, several times on different things (like very large software collections). It is very frustrating.

The dealer I bought my stove from stopped selling the brand of stoves mine was in. He got so frustrated that he just said enough.

Me, I'm stubborn, when I shell out money for something it will work no ifs, ands, or buts, it will work and the folks who have to deal with me in the process quickly come to understand that.

I'm glad it is burning fine for you.

I am burning the lignetics pellets again. I used a whole hopper of them last night. This is nice, the house is warm and the stove is running and I'm not next to it with tools scattered everywhere. This is livin guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.