Age of Harman stove from serial number?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mik_kane

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2012
NEPA Poconos
Is there anyway to find out when a Harman stove was built from the serial number?
I bought a used P61 and thought it was built from the test date on the stove, but just found out that the date is just when the model was UL tested which does not tell what year it was built.

The serial # is WHI 004928

I don't think you can tell the exact year from serial #, but my P68 was built in 2006 and has a low # like yours. My stove has a tag on the back of the hopper with the manufacture date.

Reactions: bogieb
Call Harman and give them the serial #. I'm sure they could let you know if you get in touch with the right person. Just a thought. Or try calling local dealers and ask them to run it possibly.

Serial #4928 was manufactured between June of 2005 to August 2005.

Reactions: bags
So serial # 6121 would be about when?

Status
Not open for further replies.