Agitator not moving

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gokeno

Feb 28, 2014
Michigan
I have an American Harvester 6039. Last night my house filled with smoke & set the smoke alarms off. After checking out the stove today I see the agitator isn't rotating... Could it be a fuse? If not, then what?

Checked the chain and drive motor? Firewall bushing wears and binds the the shaft too. Big pain to replace.

Checked the chain and drive motor? Firewall bushing wears and binds the the shaft too. Big pain to replace.
I don't think the 6039 has a chain...just the motor. At least that's how mine is. I do know there are variations of that stove tho....I have the 4 button style...motor could have bit the dust like mine...welcome to burning without the stirrer!! some ppl like it better....

I don't think the 6039 has a chain...just the motor. At least that's how mine is. I do know there are variations of that stove tho....I have the 4 button style...motor could have bit the dust like mine...welcome to burning without the stirrer!! some ppl like it better....
. i didn't know it was possible to burn without the stirrer... Tell me more about how to do it.

. i didn't know it was possible to burn without the stirrer... Tell me more about how to do it.
you really just run it the same way...you have to increase combustion..also i use a big spoon to clean out the burnpot when it gets full...scrape the pot out until theres just a few pellets left....

Status
Not open for further replies.