Ahh another CL gem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heehee!

If I could leave the stump and small branches, I'd be all over that one. Yard looks kinda soupy, though.

Red oak, someone should jump on that one.

If I lived close Id think about it, its already down, just needs to be bucked and split, its not like the other guy that was asking you to pay him to cut up the tree and remove it. As long as he doesnt expect the branches and leaves to be cleaned up its not a bad proposition.

I suspect that there are quite a few of those postings from that part of the country this week.
I don't see anything wrong with that one. I'd be all over it when the water goes down. I would also suspect that many municipalities are going to be driving around chipping a lot of brush. Might only have to take it to the curb. At least that is what happened here last year after a tornado.

But there is still the discussion about the stump...

That seems like a reasonably good offer, of course the stump and brush might be an issue. If it was near here I'd take the wood and haul the brush to the curb, but I can't do anything with a giant stump. That is an easy place to work compared to a lot of places I have cut - you can park the trailer on the street right near the tree.

I had a guy at work fell 2 big locust trees in his yard and was jus gonna push them into the woods with his tractor if nobody wanted them. I went and cut them up while he wasn't home. I cleaned all the brush up and raked that part of his yard. Just felt like common courtesy. I'd be all over that CL add if it weren't OAK! That's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.