1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Air Circulator Fan - Strato-Therm Heat-Siphon

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by moglodite, Sep 22, 2010.

1. moglodite

moglodite New Member

Loc:
    Western Montana
    We have a late 70s built log home (wood heat of course). Up at the top of the vaulted ceiling is a mushroom shaped fan enclosure which blows warm ceiling air down to floor level.

Recently I was in a local business which had a similar unit, but attached to the bottom of the fan was a long cylindrical tube - which conveyed the warm ceiling air down to the floor. The flexible fabric tube was marked Strato-Therm Heat-Siphon.

I would love to find out where to get that fabric tube, and possibly purchase more of these fans. A web search did not reveal anything.

Doe anyone else have one of these systems, or know if the company is still in operation?

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. vvvv

vvvv New Member

Loc:
    MAINE
  3. pajoube

pajoube New Member

Loc:
    Montana
    I also have used the Strato Heat Saver (mushroom shaped fan) and love it. My question is, where can one purchase more of these units?
    The company label on my unit states Rusth Products but search did not come up with anything.
    Paul
  4. aforeman7

aforeman7 New Member

Loc:
    NE Illinois
    Hello gentlemen,
    I have recently run across a huge stash of these Strato-Therm Heat Syphon fans. I was hired by a business that has gone under, and they have about 75 of these units new in the original boxes. They range from 20-30 ft ceiling heights (but can be cut down to work on anything shorter). The tubes included with these units are not cloth, but a durable plastic material. If anyone is interested, the owner is willing to part with them for $20 each, or less if you buy them in quantity (they all must go, and any reasonable offer will be considered). I was directed to this site by a Craig's Lister that stumbled upon my post. I am in IL, but shipping can be arranged. I also have a hand full of commercial infa red nat gas heaters that need homes if anyone is interested (60-160 mBtu). You can e-mail me with questions or for pictures (andyforeman1@hotmail.com). Thanks everyone and happy heating.

Attached Files: