Air Circulator Fan - Strato-Therm Heat-Siphon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moglodite

Oct 20, 2008
Western Montana
We have a late 70s built log home (wood heat of course). Up at the top of the vaulted ceiling is a mushroom shaped fan enclosure which blows warm ceiling air down to floor level.

Recently I was in a local business which had a similar unit, but attached to the bottom of the fan was a long cylindrical tube - which conveyed the warm ceiling air down to the floor. The flexible fabric tube was marked Strato-Therm Heat-Siphon.

I would love to find out where to get that fabric tube, and possibly purchase more of these fans. A web search did not reveal anything.

Doe anyone else have one of these systems, or know if the company is still in operation?

Thanks!

moglodite said:
We have a late 70s built log home (wood heat of course). Up at the top of the vaulted ceiling is a mushroom shaped fan enclosure which blows warm ceiling air down to floor level.

Recently I was in a local business which had a similar unit, but attached to the bottom of the fan was a long cylindrical tube - which conveyed the warm ceiling air down to the floor. The flexible fabric tube was marked Strato-Therm Heat-Siphon.

I would love to find out where to get that fabric tube, and possibly purchase more of these fans. A web search did not reveal anything.

Doe anyone else have one of these systems, or know if the company is still in operation?

Thanks!

I also have used the Strato Heat Saver (mushroom shaped fan) and love it. My question is, where can one purchase more of these units?
The company label on my unit states Rusth Products but search did not come up with anything.
Paul

Hello gentlemen,
I have recently run across a huge stash of these Strato-Therm Heat Syphon fans. I was hired by a business that has gone under, and they have about 75 of these units new in the original boxes. They range from 20-30 ft ceiling heights (but can be cut down to work on anything shorter). The tubes included with these units are not cloth, but a durable plastic material. If anyone is interested, the owner is willing to part with them for $20 each, or less if you buy them in quantity (they all must go, and any reasonable offer will be considered). I was directed to this site by a Craig's Lister that stumbled upon my post. I am in IL, but shipping can be arranged. I also have a hand full of commercial infa red nat gas heaters that need homes if anyone is interested (60-160 mBtu). You can e-mail me with questions or for pictures ([email protected]). Thanks everyone and happy heating.

Attachments

• Photo274.jpg
    Photo274.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 539
  • Photo278.jpg
    Photo278.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 556
  • Photo322.jpg
    Photo322.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 479
Status
Not open for further replies.