Air Conditioning Question - condensate drain water under my Mobile Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARTAQ

Sep 3, 2016
Western NY
i just had central AC installed in our 20 year old Mobile Home. the contractor put a pvc drain tube thru the floor near the coil which is fine, but i am wondering if the small puddle (5" in circumference) of drain water i see on the ground under the home could become stagnant and become a mold issue?? our soil is very sandy fortunately, but with all of the skirting blocking off airflow, i figured i better ask.

thanks for any input! grin.png

Dry sandy soil the water won't be there long
enough to stagnate or mold

if the water is in a puddle and is standing water you might not have as much sand as you think. if it's a puddle that sits there attach more tubing or pvc pipe and bring it outside the skirt making sure that it runs downhill so as not to sit and clog.

Hmm, can't see condensate making a puddle on truly sandy soil.

How hard is it to get at the puddle area? You could dig a small hole there and fill it with stone or loose gravel - a mini dry well, sort of.

Not sure exactly how much condensate you'd be making over the course of a day either though - size & suitability of hole likely dependant on that. And permeability of surrounding soil. I suspect it is a bit clayey if it is puddling - or maybe just on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.