Air Control Vibrates on Mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdeuce

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2008
Western, PA
I have a Mansfield that I bought new last year. When I close the air control down to 1/4 open the air "flaps" that slide to close the intake start to vibrate. It get loud!! The air being sucked in makes the thin piece of metal bounce back and forth. I stopped this last year by folding a piece of aluminum foil into the shape of a gum wrapper and sticking it between the slide and the intake. It works, but sometimes falls out. Any thoughts on a more perm solution?

Thanks

try tightening the bolt that holds the air control lever in place the lever has a post on it that is what conects the lever to slide plate that would be the first place i would start

Have it humm a different tune! :lol:

Smash little wadded up balls of aluminum foil into your ears? Dunno. %-P

fossil said:
Smash little wadded up balls of aluminum foil into your ears? Dunno. %-P

Wow.... Very helpfoil..... Get it?

Something like that would drive me crazy. Is the stove still under warranty? Maybe the guys that sold you the stove should fix it?

Todd said:
Something like that would drive me crazy. Is the stove still under warranty? Maybe the guys that sold you the stove should fix it?

Yeah.... I'm sure it is. I was not very happy with the service from the dealer which is why I have lived with it.

sounds like the rail that the air intake plate runs on may be a little loose fitting. try to tighten things up a bit by taking a chisel and a hammer to the rail to pinch it just a scoash more. Just be carefull not to bend it up to much and have binding issues. Little at a time. this may be somewhat tricky to not go to far.

Let that dealer earn the money you paid for that expensive rock.

(Patiently waiting for replies from the stove dealers here that tell ya all about buying from a dealer to get all of that good service. :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.