1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skinnykid

skinnykid New Member

Loc:
    Next to a lake in NH
    On A quad, when the air control is all the way closed is it really closed. I have a fire going that got a little to hot. I closed the air all the way and reburn really kicked in and this puppy is still glowing like mad. Most flames stopped but this thing is pumping!!!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    No, on a modern stove there is still air going to the fire via at least the secondaries as you are seeing. Stay calm, the stove is likely fine. This is part of the learning curve for the stove. If you have a stove thermometer it can help you note what is happening.
  3. RedRanger

RedRanger New Member

Loc:
    British Columbia
    What is too hot?/ got that thermometer?? stove top getting above 700?

If ya don`t know, splurge, and I really mean splurge for that horrible 15 bucks and buy yourself one of these most useful devices. and then put this most useful device on the top of your stove and watch the temp.

Otherwise, common sense should work for you.?/ Like if you hear that sound of a frieght train coming thru your room and tonnes of vibrations, then , yes you have definetly overfired? :coolsmile:

High=650, and low=about 200. At least when I run my bear that way it doesn`t come back to bite me :blank:
  4. skinnykid

skinnykid New Member

Loc:
    Next to a lake in NH
    What do you consider modern? Mine was made in 1995...
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    A modern, EPA stove. Your's is still young at heart.
  6. N/A N/A

N/A N/A New Member

Oh my god man, Now is the time that I think Rick (fossile) once said, " you got to reach into your stove and pull one of those burning logs out and throw it out into the front lawn". LOL Please dont actually do that....You are fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.