Air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
On A quad, when the air control is all the way closed is it really closed. I have a fire going that got a little to hot. I closed the air all the way and reburn really kicked in and this puppy is still glowing like mad. Most flames stopped but this thing is pumping!!!!!

No, on a modern stove there is still air going to the fire via at least the secondaries as you are seeing. Stay calm, the stove is likely fine. This is part of the learning curve for the stove. If you have a stove thermometer it can help you note what is happening.

skinnykid said:
On A quad, when the air control is all the way closed is it really closed. I have a fire going that got a little to hot. I closed the air all the way and reburn really kicked in and this puppy is still glowing like mad. Most flames stopped but this thing is pumping!!!!!

What is too hot?/ got that thermometer?? stove top getting above 700?

If ya don`t know, splurge, and I really mean splurge for that horrible 15 bucks and buy yourself one of these most useful devices. and then put this most useful device on the top of your stove and watch the temp.

Otherwise, common sense should work for you.?/ Like if you hear that sound of a frieght train coming thru your room and tonnes of vibrations, then , yes you have definetly overfired? :coolsmile:

High=650, and low=about 200. At least when I run my bear that way it doesn`t come back to bite me :blank:

BeGreen said:
No, on a modern stove there is still air going to the fire via at least the secondaries as you are seeing. Stay calm, the stove is likely fine. This is part of the learning curve for the stove. If you have a stove thermometer it can help you note what is happening.

What do you consider modern? Mine was made in 1995...

A modern, EPA stove. Your's is still young at heart.

Oh my god man, Now is the time that I think Rick (fossile) once said, " you got to reach into your stove and pull one of those burning logs out and throw it out into the front lawn". LOL Please dont actually do that....You are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.