Air flow question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pull cooler air in warm air out.

I have a ceiling fan in the room to circulate the air. I can either point a stand alone fan into the room or out of the room. So... it sounds like it'll be best to point it in bringing cool air to the stove. That's kinda what I figured but wanted to double check.

I'll go with C) push cooler air towards the room with the stove . . . incidentally I would not choose D) Re-position house so that it is facing south and re-arrange woodstove in home . . . and re-roof house with white shingles.

chris-mcpherson said:
I have a ceiling fan in the room to circulate the air. I can either point a stand alone fan into the room or out of the room. So... it sounds like it'll be best to point it in bringing cool air to the stove. That's kinda what I figured but wanted to double check.

In addition to blowing cool air into the stove room, set the ceiling fans to blow up rather than down.

Backwoods Savage said:
In addition to blowing cool air into the stove room, set the ceiling fans to blow up rather than down.
Thanks for the reminder. That's part of my fall job list along with gutters and foundation vents.

firefighterjake said:
I'll go with C) push cooler air towards the room with the stove . . . incidentally I would not choose D) Re-position house so that it is facing south and re-arrange woodstove in home . . . and re-roof house with white shingles.

NOW you rule out D).. bunch of backhoe work for nothing..

I "push" floor level cool air from the dining room across the foyer into the living room. No ceiling fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.