Air gap for chimney pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.
I just have to figure a way out to not keep this as a very expensive paper weight.
The stove will work just fine. I see no safety issues with the install. Just make them get the right trim piece that will fit correctly and then caulk the small gap left. I would also take a close look at how they did the pass thru outside it doesn't look right.

The stove will work just fine. I see no safety issues with the install. Just make them get the right trim piece that will fit correctly and then caulk the small gap left. I would also take a close look at how they did the pass thru outside it doesn't look right.
I know what you are saying,they don't.
I've spoken with 4 different people from this dealer at 2 locations the past few days,they are united behind everything is correct.
I even emailed them the pictures,they aren't budging.
I sent BKVP a pm a short time ago begging for him to at least look at it. I don't know how much exactly he wades into things with their dealer network.
If I try to fix it myself does that void the warranty?Because if something did happen wouldn't it be this dealer coming out,the one thats telling me not to seal anything up?
I'm just so confused.

Wait for bkvp to respond I would bet he can take care of it with a call.

Reactions: drstorm
Do you know what brand system this is? The interior is definitely missing the correct trim pieces but the exterior looks very similar t mine. I was expecting a sealed wall pass through unit but it's actually two pieces, the wall pass through and the chimney tee. After the chimney tee was lined up there was around 1/8 inch gap between it and the pass through. The installer sealed that with silicone.

Do you know what brand system this is? The interior is definitely missing the correct trim pieces but the exterior looks very similar t mine. I was expecting a sealed wall pass through unit but it's actually two pieces, the wall pass through and the chimney tee. After the chimney tee was lined up there was around 1/8 inch gap between it and the pass through. The installer sealed that with silicone.
Duravent.

Status
Not open for further replies.