Air intake adjustments on pellet stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdrozd

Hearth Supporter
Jun 19, 2008
New Haven County,Ct
I've read many posts about adjusting the air intake on other brands of inserts. I have a Quad 1200i and see nothing in the owner's manual about this so I assume it is set at the factory with no adjustment needed. Is it just made differently than others? Do most other stoves need adjusting? Is this feature a plus or a negative?

Many stoves need air intake adjusting. It is a plus not to have to change the air intake setting, nothing to fool with or mess up. I run mine on medium all the time, I feel it is most efficient that way, also it burns clean on medium.

I would agree that it IS a plus to not have to adjust it. However, it would really suck to have to adjust it and not have any way to do it. Just me.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but Hoss, you have 4 tons??? Your a pellet pig!! Welcome to the club! :lol:

macman said:
Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but Hoss, you have 4 tons??? Your a pellet pig!! Welcome to the club! :lol:

My feelings on the subject have been dealt with on other threads, but in case you missed them, macman, I refuse to join any organization that would lower it's standards enough to accept me as a member.

hossthehermit said:
My feelings on the subject have been dealt with on other threads, but in case you missed them, macman, I refuse to join any organization that would lower it's standards enough to accept me as a member.

Yep Hoss, you DO have a way with humor :)

macman said:
hossthehermit said:

Actually, Groucho Marx does.

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. - there are several variations on this quote from Groucho. Just FYI ;)

darkstar said:
macman said:
hossthehermit said:

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. - there are several variations on this quote from Groucho. Just FYI ;)

Knew I'd heard it somewhere years ago and took it to heart. Would have credited the source if I could have remembered. Wasn't trying to claim originality, apologies if it seemed that way.

Yes, on the Quad the exhaust motor does regulate according to the feed rate. But I read about all these other people having all kinds of questions on the air intake adjustment. How did Englander and Quad find a way around it?

Technology, that is why they cost big bucks, sure glad I bought one. On burn in I set up the feed rate and put it on thermostat, just need to clean. Except for the cleaning and adding pellets, it is just like my oil fired furnace.

hossthehermit said:
darkstar said:
macman said:
hossthehermit said:

Knew I'd heard it somewhere years ago and took it to heart. Would have credited the source if I could have remembered. Wasn't trying to claim originality, apologies if it seemed that way.

Not at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.