Air leak?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I run an old avalon pendleton insert. I replaced the door gasket 3 years ago. I has allways ran good but now it seems harder to control. If it out gassed bad before you could shut the air and it would go out now it continues to burn like it's getting air from somewhere else. Also the air lever is closed alot more where in the past it would barely burn in that location

It sounds like something is snagging or may be getting rusty. Pull the blower (good time to clean it) so that you can see the air control operation.

Give the glass gasket a look and test. Re-inspect your door gasket. Easy to verify.