Air Movement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Newton

Burning Hunk
Apr 4, 2012
Beavercreek, Ohio
My stove is located in an unfinished basement. I have been working on ways to get more heat upstairs. I want to give a big thank you to whoever said blow cold air towards the stove rather than blowing hot air away from the stove. I changed the direction of my fan to blow cold air towards the stove and the difference upstairs is at least a 3-5 degree increase in the upstairs temp. The stove even seemed to hold a fire and heat all night much better. So again a big thank you to the members of this forum for all of the good advice.

Mitch, it is good this is working for you. I recall the first time I learned to move the cold rather than the warm air. Sounded backwards to me but tried it anyway. It works!

Status
Not open for further replies.