Air on Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
I was told this setting should always be 1. What exactly does this adjustment effect?

jdempsey said:
I was told this setting should always be 1. What exactly does this adjustment effect?

The temperature at which the convection blower turns on with 0 being always off.

Thanks. So would increasing that number have the effect of making the blower kick on at a lower temperature?

jdempsey said:
Thanks. So would increasing that number have the effect of making the blower kick on at a lower temperature?

You need to ask England, from their reluctance to provide detailed information on other than keep it on 1 and that we use 0 to turn the blower off so we can hear other things in the stove, etc .... I'd hazard a guess that it makes the blower come on at progressively higher temperatures.

SmokeyTheBear said:
I'd hazard a guess that it makes the blower come on at progressively higher temperatures.

That is the understanding that we've gotten from Mike Holton in the past. There really isn't any need to adjust this higher, as you would simply be wasting pellets. On the other hand, if the AOT is too high, you can put your stove in an overtemp mode and potentially cause damage.

There really isn't a whole lot on the site for the AOT, as there are very limited situations where it is a benefit to adjust it.

However, I adjust the LBA and LFF to best burn the brand of pellets I am using at the time. I've found that they can make a pretty big difference (when burning in low modes).

MY FATHER JUST GOT A 55- SHPEP, I BOUGHT THE STOVE NEW IN MAIL FROM A STORE BUT WHEN IT ARRIVED SOMETHING DIDNT LOOK RIGHT DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FACTORY SETTING CODES I THINK I READ 1-5-1 BUT I READ SOMEWHERE 4-4-1, MY FATHER HAS BEEN BURNING FOR A FEW DAYS AND NOW HE SAY ]S THE FIRE IS GOING OUT, NOT DROPPING ENOUGH PELLETS INTO POT, I READ BY INCREASING THE THE AUGER SPEAD THAT MAY HELP. I WANT TO START AT THE FACTORY SETTINGS AND ADJUST BY MAX OF 2, ANY HELP

petemal said:
MY FATHER JUST GOT A 55- SHPEP, I BOUGHT THE STOVE NEW IN MAIL FROM A STORE BUT WHEN IT ARRIVED SOMETHING DIDNT LOOK RIGHT DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FACTORY SETTING CODES I THINK I READ 1-5-1 BUT I READ SOMEWHERE 4-4-1, MY FATHER HAS BEEN BURNING FOR A FEW DAYS AND NOW HE SAY ]S THE FIRE IS GOING OUT, NOT DROPPING ENOUGH PELLETS INTO POT, I READ BY INCREASING THE THE AUGER SPEAD THAT MAY HELP. I WANT TO START AT THE FACTORY SETTINGS AND ADJUST BY MAX OF 2, ANY HELP

You should talk to England about it, there is a reset sequence for their controllers on here let me see if I can find it.

Found it: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewreply/978785/

The first number setting is the amount of pellets being put out, the higher the number, the more the pellets. The second number is the amount of air needed to burn the pellets efficently. I adjust these numbers depending on the brand of pellet I'm burning. Not all pellets burn efficently with the same setting. The last setting is when the room air blower turns on. If set to a higher number, the stove room air blower won't kick on till it gets hotter.

titanracer said:
My setting new where 6-4-1.

The EP isn't going to be the same and the reset sequence I provided a link to will put the board back to factory which it currently isn't.

GREAT I WILL TRY THE RESET AND START FROM THERE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ON WHY IT WOULD TURN OFF, I KNOW A LIL VAGUE BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT RUNS OUT OF PELLETS

petemal said:
GREAT I WILL TRY THE RESET AND START FROM THERE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ON WHY IT WOULD TURN OFF, I KNOW A LIL VAGUE BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT RUNS OUT OF PELLETS

Yes it is getting too much air and/or too few pellets. In short the fire is being blown out.

You should only change one thing at a time and you have to wait between changes for the stove to settle. The best advice on which if any change to make will come from England. IIRC on the EP models the lower three settings affect all heat ranges.

One other thing if your keyboard allows it would you please drop the all caps.

sorry smokey didnt mean to offend you, i thought you bears had tough skin, my future pellethead sometimes plays with my laptop. but thanks for the advice it is appreciated let me know if anything else pops up. my pop needs to keep warm

Attachments

• pellethead.jpg
    pellethead.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 194
petemal said:
sorry smokey didnt mean to offend you, i thought you bears had tough skin, my future pellethead sometimes plays with my laptop. but thanks for the advice it is appreciated let me know if anything else pops up. my pop needs to keep warm

You didn't offend me. I spent many years looking at all caps on a green screen, equipment has changed since the days before PCs and after TTYs. A lot of us old timers were tired of all caps back then and all caps in the current usage is considered yelling.

I'm quite familiar with little ones and keyboards, mine are all grown and out of the nest. The youngest has been out of college for 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.