1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Air Receiver tank for Storage?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by ElkRiverFJ, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    EW,

How many gallon tanks are they? How much does each one of those tanks weigh when full?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ewdudley

ewdudley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cayuga County NY
    They're 250 gallon, about 2500 lb each. Vertical wooden legs are 1.5" x 6.0" rough cut scraps. Blue board is 3" high density 70 psi stuff. Pound per square inch at base of wooden legs is 70, so whatever load spreading is provided by the 3/4" plywood is gravy.
  3. Floydian

Floydian Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwestern VA
    Thanks for the pics, EW.

Reverse return really seems like the best way to get even flow thru multiple tanks but I admit I hadn't read up on it much as I have the one big tank.
    I kinda figured piping tanks in parallel was the norm but after some searching this site I realize RR makes a lot of sense.

Learned something new today, thanks!

Noah
  4. ElkRiverFJ

ElkRiverFJ Member

Loc:
    WV
    Well, I got them for $600 each, but I paid a little more to have them freighted to me. I did the math and I would only be ahead about $150 with the gas and trailer rental plus a day of my time. I would have liked to look at them first, but wasn't possible.

I will have a BioMass 25 for these.

Hmmm.. I knew it was a good thing I posted as I learn something all the time. I didn't think those small distances would have much affect. I've looked at dip tubes in the past, guess I will need to go back and look a little closer.
  5. Floydian

Floydian Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwestern VA
    I'm sure you will be fine. I'll admit I can get paranoid about things I can't see, like corrosion or termites, or deer ticks.;lol

The Biomass boilers look nice. I was close to choosing the 40 but in the end I fell for another-of the Swedish variety.

Noah