Air scoop design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman51

Feb 18, 2008
SE Minnesota
I have an air scoop on the supply side of my boiler going to storage with an auto bleeder on it and expansion tank, which seems to work fine. But I am having a lot of air noise and/or bubbles on the supply side of the storage going to the house. The 1" black pipe doesn't have a bleeder on it. Can I replace an elbow with a tee and put a 6" vertical on it with an auto bleeder on top. The elbow is 18" above the supply pump to the house. Will this work as an air scoop as I don't need another expansion tank.

Yes, this would work. It is the same setup I have - one hy-vent on the air separator, and another at the highest point in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.