Air Trim on Mt Vernon E2 - Trial and Error?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJr

Nov 18, 2014
VA
Have a new insert Quad Mt Vernon E2 and have been happy with it, but looks like I need some air trim adjustments set to it.

Any decent way to do this other than trial and error?

I have quite a bit of black soot buildup not very long after starting it back up after cleaning. So I know it need more air. Is there a good way to know, or just trial and error with it? (Make an adjustment, let it run, clean it, validate after next burn?)

So far, love the stove after watching happily the installers take a sawz-all to the useless propane gas insert! :)

Page 12 of your owners manual tells you how to trim out your fire, and how long to wait between adjustments.

Last edited:
Knew about that, I was wondering if there was a good estimate for the E2 based on elevation of what setting to start with or if anyone else has had to adjust thiers, as I'd like to run it as optimal as possible. It ships set to 0, just wondering if there was a good reference for example: @ sea level, set to X, at 3kft, set to y.

There are a lot of variables, fuel included. I've been running my at -3 burning MWPs. It's a fine setting--you won't notice a significant difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.