Air Wash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
So how do these actually work? Its come up a few times with the discussions about door gaskets, and now I'm really confused which doesn't take much. My free standing Quad Castile a few years old has gasket on the two sides and the top, I always assumed the wash was on the bottom side of the door where no gasket is. I go to my Mom's who has her second Castile insert (first one had issues, another thread last year), and gets replaced. I thought I remembered her first stove having door gasket on the bottom and two sides, I check her new stove this last weekend while visiting. Bottom and two sides. I called a friend who also bought a free standing Castile last year, the same, bottom and two sides. I asked my neighbor who bought a Castile at the same time I did, top and two sides. What gives and how can you tell where gasket should be in reference to the airwash, and how do they work?

I think this was in another thread but I think someone said that sometimes the glass is installed upside down make the open gasket on the top. I have confirmed with my dealer and the install manual that the gasket should be open on the bottom of the window/door.

Thanks Mor, yes I saw that mentioned. Is there a way to tell how it should go by looking at the door frame and/or glass gasket? Am I correct in thinking that the wash is basically a little gap on one edge that draws room air across the inside of the glass?

that is my understanding of how the airwash works. I am not sure on how to tell the correct way that the door/glass should go besides that my dealer told me that is should go with the airwash at the bottom. maybe call up your dealer and they could probably give you some input.

I guess that's what I'm asking, can you tell by the door frame and/or the glass gasket what sides the door gasket should be mounted on. My dealer has been less help than what I've found here. Thanks again mor.

I took a look at my manual and did not see anything, when my stove shuts down I will take a look at it and get back to you.

Edit: here are the pic of my glass on the inside. sorry the glass is a little dirty, have not cleaned it since the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 359
Status
Not open for further replies.