airflow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namz111

Apr 25, 2008
NE PA
I dont think there is a way to increase the airflow on my harman advance but I thought i would ask just incase.

there is a potentiometer on the control board that you can adjust to change the voltage being set to the combustion fan. Don't just turn it for the sake of turning it, its only a minor adjustment. Its the white counter-sunk pot next to the igniter light.

Delta-T said:
there is a potentiometer on the control board that you can adjust to change the voltage being set to the combustion fan. Don't just turn it for the sake of turning it, its only a minor adjustment. Its the white counter-sunk pot next to the igniter light.

It's only supposed to be changed to compensate for fluctuations in incoming line voltage in different areas, from what I've read.

macman said:
Delta-T said:

It's only supposed to be changed to compensate for fluctuations in incoming line voltage in different areas, from what I've read.

Its also applicable for high altitude installs or excessive draft installs. Surely there must be a host of variables that would warrant giving that knob a twist. I'd say...."funsies" is not one of those reasons, but it doesn't stop people from doing it :)

sometimes I hear a "rumble" sound from the stove and the flame flickers real fast, it lasts about 5 seconds and then stops and the flame seems to return back to a normal state. what is causing this? is it normal?

a rumble you say, hmmm, I do not know. Not a grinding or a banging, but a rumble. How is your stove vented? If you have a tall rise and you get a good gust of wind across the top you could experience extra draft for a few moments i suppose. Beyond that, I am stumped. Any more details?

namz111, I've been experiencing that as well and I wasn't sure if it was normal. I don't get the rumble sound but I do get that flame flicker that could last 5-10 seconds and returns back to normal. Might want to start a new thread on the topic.

medreach, I am glad you know what i am talking about. its strange its a real strange yes it sounds like wind blowing back thru the vent. I have a thru the wall i can change the direction the vent faces so i will see it that changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.