airtight stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
For what its worth, I heated my small ranch with a Garrison II last winter and purchased NO oil. Ahoy, your friend will be very happy with it. Replace the door gaskets first and make sure neither of the doors is warped.If any of the bricks are cracked, Aubuchon sells them for $3.97 each.
Have fun!
Hey I have a Garrison two as well.... Been having a lot of trouble with getting the door shut with the new gasket. I actually broke the key unfortunately trying to squeeze it shut to try and compress the rope. What size did you use??? I got 3/8 fiberglass rope not sure if it's the wrong size figured I'd ask....