Ajustments to a older Whitfield Adv 2 Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Whitfield

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2007
Northern Cailfornia
Three chrome button caps on the front of the control board. Does anyone know the ajustments for these. Top ajustment screw is the time the Auger light stays on, feeding more pellets. On the 1 setting, how long should the light stay on, 1sec,2sec,etc. If anyone can help me that would be great. I think it's feeding to many pellet right now. I like to run the stove at 1 or 2. Thanks :)

The auger and Blower trim is only for the Low or thermostat setting
I would set it at 0 or 12 Oclock position to start.
The reason for this trim is Types Pellets

Some are long and some are short.
With Longer pellets they feed Less at a time and your fire will burn out because not enough fuel in the burn pot

Sometimes they build up in the drop shoot and Load a bunch all at once.
With a Low small fire in the burn pot this could Smother out the fire.

you need to Increase the feed time so the fire will not burn it self out with a Low fuel load.
If you are having problems with the stove going out try stepping up the Trim pot One notch a a time.

Not sure what pot is is but one of them is to Control the Combustion blower voltage (speed) for the Low setting also
Just in case you cant dial in the air control to be happy on Low setting and High with out Manually adjusting the Air rod for each feed rate.

The newer digital Push button board do a much better job of controling the Fuel and air ratio

Found a page that show the Trim POT settings for control board 12125900

Top is auger
middle is Combustion
Bottom is Convection

Status
Not open for further replies.