Al Gore screwed me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FWWARDEN

Dec 1, 2008
West Windsor, Vermont
He said the planet has a fever. Based on his analysis of tropical winters here in Vermont, I only busted out four and a half cords of wood last year. With all the sub zero weather we've had, I'm down to a cord and a half, and am looking at having to go back to oil sometime in March. Thanks Al, now I'm going to have to start burning more fossil fuels in order to help warm the planet, so I don't have to split extra cords of wood next year.

I haven't heard hardly anything from Al lately, wonder why? I'm still waiting for my global warming.

Al shuts up every Winter unless someone has an unusual warm
day....then they all come out trying to scare us so they could put more restrictions on us
but he can fly around in his private jet.
Also...I don't understand why he has so many Rockstars on his side when him and Tipper
tried to Censor music in the late 80's. John Denver and Dee Snider put a stop to that !!! :coolsmile:

Maybe the man-bear-pig got him? I'm totally cereal.

Highbeam said:

Oww!! Sierra Nevade Pale Ale burns coming out the nose.

FWWARDEN said:
He said the planet has a fever. Based on his analysis of tropical winters here in Vermont, I only busted out four and a half cords of wood last year. With all the sub zero weather we've had, I'm down to a cord and a half, and am looking at having to go back to oil sometime in March. Thanks Al, now I'm going to have to start burning more fossil fuels in order to help warm the planet, so I don't have to split extra cords of wood next year.

The line is getting longer for the screwing. This winter has been like winters of long past, its just our memories that are short but ole Al lives in fantasia- driving his SUV and flying around in his private jet. Oh I forgot its ok for him to be a fossil pig because he buys carbon credits- a soon to be found collosal scam sold to the public to make people feel good and make other people a lot of money. And it's not global warming anymore, its "Climate change" don't you get it global warming is actually causing us to go into an ice age!
Back when we had -21 a week or so ago they said the record high for the same date in Jan in 1870 something was 70 degrees "global warming?".
If we didn't have global warming the glacier that was where my house is would really suck to live on.
Lastly global warming, I mean climate change will have us all eating mac and cheese cause it's the only thing the ave American will be able to afford.

Highbeam said:

The Bastard - He killed Kenny.

Seriously guys, Global Warming don't mean that every place on earth is getting warmer. In a nutshell, the extremes will get worse, summer and winter. Dry places (such as here in So. Calif.) will be dryer and warmer. Wet cold places may be wetter and colder. This is not a hard and fast rule either, but get ready for more extremes, not sunny tropical weather in Maine.

Just 'cuz I don't think global warming is a hoax don't mean I don't think Al Bore is a hypocrite.

Peace,
- Sequoia

It's all; Do as I say, not do as I do..............

I have a hard time recalling this much consistent cold in the winter in Eastern MA. Usually we are good for a weekly thaw, but it has been many weeks now...

The global warming topic is too politicized. It is hard to find someone intelligent without an axe to grind to trust regarding global warming.

You have the left championing carbon credits and alternative fuel, while investing in companies that stand to profit from a switch away from oil. On the right, you have people who don't want to see the petroleum stocks go down.

Be skeptical of everyone...

Pete

The human being is the only creature on earth who has the possibility of understanding the consequences of his actions and then taking measures to better insure his future. Many of them, even though they have the possibility of such understanding, choose not to claim it, but instead choose to name call, demonize, ridicule, and otherwise play out the frog in the kettle scenario until they are roasted.

There likely is no one who would crack an egg in a hot fry pan and immediately dump the soupy egg on his plate and claim that the fry pan is not hot. And if there is such a person, the rest of us would look at that person quite askance and wonder who dimmed his bulb. Yet, that is just about exactly what several of the posters up above are saying by claiming one cold winter in one speck of the globe proves that there is no global warming. You could experience 100 successive cold winters in your small, insignificant speck of earth and that too would not counter world-wide average temperature rise.

Perhaps if your summer is god-awful hot and humid, accompanied by power outages that shut down your air-conditioning, you then would equally exclaim that indeed, global warming is occurring. Such would be an equally vacuous claim.

Long ago I was taught that big people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and little people talk about people. Name calling, demonizing and ridiculing Al Gore or any other person is about as little as a person can get.

Amen. It is happening and it can be debated if it is man made or not but you can't look at the Arctic or Antarctica and not know something is happening. Thank goodness my Morso is carbon neutral!

The can lives! Oh wait...

TreePapa said:
Seriously guys, Global Warming don't mean that every place on earth is getting warmer. In a nutshell, the extremes will get worse, summer and winter. Dry places (such as here in So. Calif.) will be dryer and warmer. Wet cold places may be wetter and colder. This is not a hard and fast rule either, but get ready for more extremes, not sunny tropical weather in Maine.

Just 'cuz I don't think global warming is a hoax don't mean I don't think Al Bore is a hypocrite.

Peace,
- Sequoia

well said!!!! people keep complaining about Gore when in fact he is trying to help the world!!

Long ago I was taught that big people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and little people talk about people. Name calling, demonizing and ridiculing Al Gore or any other person is about as little as a person can get.

The point is the climate has been changing for millions of years and there is only one person at the controls. Yes we should be the best stewards possible and live sustainably within each persons means but not have utopic ideas that we can overcome the natural courses our planet or universe is on by throwing $$$ in the air. No we should not name call such people but keep in mind their actions an what they prove them to be. With that.... help make America stronger and keep using renewable wood energy -

TreePapa said:

Peace,
- Sequoia

This holds true with the beginning of an ICE AGE as well. it has to be warmer to get the moisture in the air to get the "Ice".
Do I think Global warn ming is real? Yes.
Do I think "Man made global warming" is real? No.

interseting reading here

There are some credible scientists in Europe and Russia that claim we are headed more for an ice-age type of thermal climate than a warming climate. The greatest increase of CO2 is probably more consistent with the deforestation of the rain forests than the industrial age (though the industrial age undeniably has it's part). The rain forests daily convert metric tons of CO2 into O2 consistently 365 days a year and those forests are being de-populated by square miles/kilometers daily (for monetary gains) and that adds to the atmospheric CO2 content. In the northern non-tropical areas pine trees are dieing by square miles because of pestilent invasion killing trees and instead of burning the infected forests to stem the invasion and replanting we protect the forests and the invader and the invasion spreads. Incidentally the greatest source of upper atmosphere CO2 is a direct deposit result of aviation which "concerned Al" also uses extensively to propagate his revelation to the world. Polar CO2 readings can and have been recorded and dated from polar coring and there have been times when CO2 levels were higher than they are in today's industrial age. One of the (ignored by Al) proposed causes for "global thermal change" (not cooling or heating to avoid classification) is hydrogen sulfide gas (google that and read some amazing stuff) which is produced, in tonnage numbers per event greater than man can produce annually, by volcanoes and severe earth quakes. There is even data that links changing weather patterns with seismic activities (but that is ignored) and that is probably a more inconvenient truth than the movie with the same title recognition. It's been a while but..... in that movie.....what about the prediction of the "warmist" scientists of the glacial melting in (Greenland or Iceland) that is a point intended to reinforce the "warmist" approach where a portion of the glacier would probably last another ten years and drops in a month? That should not be an argument of reinforcement for "warming" but a cause for reconsidering the credibility of those scientists ability to interpret scientific data and make accurate assumptive predictions. Once the legislative corporations of the world are done implementing their alarmist responses FWWARDEN will have a greater list to put under his post's heading. $2.00 (minus inflation minus wind fall profit taxation minus COLA minus bailout minus a list of other things = $.02)

FWWARDEN said:
jebatty doesn't get it. I'm not bashing Al or his ideas, I'm simply saying he owes me two cords of wood.

And he should be able to afford it very soon. The big economic stimulus bill has $600mil going towards global warming research!

According to Accuweather the globe hasn't been warming, it has been cooling since 1998.

PeteD said:
I have a hard time recalling this much consistent cold in the winter in Eastern MA. Usually we are good for a weekly thaw, but it has been many weeks now...

The global warming topic is too politicized. It is hard to find someone intelligent without an axe to grind to trust regarding global warming.

You have the left championing carbon credits and alternative fuel, while investing in companies that stand to profit from a switch away from oil. On the right, you have people who don't want to see the petroleum stocks go down.

Be skeptical of everyone...

Pete

I'm so far right I'm not even conservative. I'm a reactionary if not a monarchist. And I don't give 2 schidts about the price of oil company stocks and none of my righty friends do either.

The truth is that the left uses GW as a political cudgel regardless of the scientific merits.

Ten thousand years ago most of Wisconsin was under a mile thick glacier. They are gone now so global warming is real. It can get a little warmer too for all I care cause it has been awful cold the last 3 years and way below average. Al Gore has made millions already and will make millions more and when a guy makes this much I can only be skeptical especially when his Tennesee house uses 37 times more electricity than mine does. I would also like to comment about some here saying wood is a carbon neutral. It is but so is every thing on this earth that ever lived. You can rest assure Al gore and his left wing buds would put a stop to this wood burning faster than you can slap a tick if he could. You don't think he is going to fade away after he is done with oil do you? He and the liberals also hates coal, and how far behind do you think wood is going to be. Coal and oil is nothing more than tons of rotten wood and grass, and carbon is carbon no matter what source it comes from. It came from this earth and when we burn it goes back to the earth. All carbon is neutral but big Al doesn't care and he sees wood burners as another thing to ban someday because "we are on the brink of a meltdown". He said this just the other day. Global warming is an excuse for government control, nothing more, nothing less.

ihookem said:
Ten thousand years ago most of Wisconsin was under a mile thick glacier. They are gone now so global warming is real. It can get a little warmer too for all I care cause it has been awful cold the last 3 years and way below average. Al Gore has made millions already and will make millions more and when a guy makes this much I can only be skeptical especially when his Tennesee house uses 37 times more electricity than mine does. I would also like to comment about some here saying wood is a carbon neutral. It is but so is every thing on this earth that ever lived. You can rest assure Al gore and his left wing buds would put a stop to this wood burning faster than you can slap a tick if he could. You don't think he is going to fade away after he is done with oil do you? He and the liberals also hates coal, and how far behind do you think wood is going to be. Coal and oil is nothing more than tons of rotten wood and grass, and carbon is carbon no matter what source it comes from. It came from this earth and when we burn it goes back to the earth. All carbon is neutral but big Al doesn't care and he sees wood burners as another thing to ban someday because "we are on the brink of a meltdown". He said this just the other day. Global warming is an excuse for government control, nothing more, nothing less.

They won't ban wood burning just just tax the hell out of us for emissions! The EPA has been given the ability in rule making to tax per head of cattle for emissions so wood stoves will be a walk in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.