Alaska garden/ greenhouse pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Eating good from the garden now :)

Zucs, broc & stuff
DSCF1322.JPG

Toms & cucs in the GH
DSCF1319.JPG DSCF1320.JPG

I dont have any ripe tomatos as of yet :mad: Looks good!

What do you do with all that zuchini? With 3 plants we end up putting spare zuchinis in the back seat of cars with their windows open at the supermarket. ==c

Looks great!

I noticed what you are doing with the zucchinis. I am trying something similar this year. I am growing them in buckets with the bottoms cut out. The method seems to be working much better than what I did last year.

Looks great!

I noticed what you are doing with the zucchinis. I am trying something similar this year. I am growing them in buckets with the bottoms cut out. The method seems to be working much better than what I did last year.

Inverted tires. :)
Everything here grows better in raised beds. Few degrees warmer. Helps keep out some bugs & weeds too.
100_4740.JPG

Reactions: DevilsBrew
The method has cut down on the bug and critter problem drastically. I picked up the idea on the web. Peppers seem to love containers too. Each year I lean towards container/raised bed gardening more and more.

We are mostly raised beds at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.