alaskan mill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
cant pm anymore today at my limit and your right very low hrs. mint 475.00
you dang PM whore. are you keeping all the bars, I just see chains and case in the offer above?

Your going to be begging for the 361 back, just keep it.

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
cant pm anymore today at my limit and your right very low hrs. mint 475.00
you dang PM whore. are you keeping all the bars, I just see chains and case in the offer above?
lol 3 rs chains one 16in. bar one 361 and case.mint

Dang jay , sounds like your ready to play now. i was going to go with an Alaskan. but the more i thought and looked into mills i went with a band. WM LT 10 are 3 grand new . I was ready to order one but a LT30 with 67 hrs on it popped up just a few miles away. Its mine now :) Like you i,m ready to mill. I,m looking into a dedicated slab er , now they are tooooooo cool. I,m thinkin cutting big slabs of those big narley logs that few want to mess with would be great to.

raven said:
Dang jay , sounds like your ready to play now. i was going to go with an Alaskan. but the more i thought and looked into mills i went with a band. WM LT 10 are 3 grand new . I was ready to order one but a LT30 with 67 hrs on it popped up just a few miles away. Its mine now :) Like you i,m ready to mill. I,m looking into a dedicated slab er , now they are tooooooo cool. I,m thinkin cutting big slabs of those big narley logs that few want to mess with would be great to.

Thats what I get most is big monster and slab wood is what I need to be able to do thats what my choice came down to band saw not going to pull it off. 3000.00 lt 30 Thats a nice deal there. That would work for the wood I have now.

MMaul said:
Your going to be begging for the 361 back, just keep it.

They are nice still would rather have a 460 with a 20in. bar (but every time I do that I need the 28in.) It has its place in the line up for sure, but a nice down stroker on a 880...and I can always call you! lol

kenny chaos said:
I bought my little sawmill for $500.
I cut up enough wood to build a chicken coop, an 800bu. corn crib, a 30x60 barn addition,
sold about $2000 worth of lumber, and sold it a couple years later for $800.
And I didn't ruin a good chainsaw to do it.

here's what out there for that price range

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/1708700893.html

880 here but wrong bar and chain set up!

They send it with 404?

MMaul said:
They send it with 404?

yep second time thats happen to me! sprocket bar and chain all need switch to 3/8 .063, but its a HOG!

J, when you have that mill running with your new saw, can you take a few pics of it while in use? I think myself and some other folks not too familiar with milling are curious to see your new setup. Thanks.

daveswoodhauler said:
J, when you have that mill running with your new saw, can you take a few pics of it while in use? I think myself and some other folks not too familiar with milling are curious to see your new setup. Thanks.

Oh yea I will be doing some video, will start a new thread once everything is done and ready to start milling. Been quite a few set backs so for but catching them before I am milling is best case. I still have 3 more tree to drop for milling so after the weekend of the May 7th that should all be done and the whole focus will be milling...My girl friend said last night that the milling will take all summer she's right but she also hasnt meet HOG yet...lol its a monster.

Oh 880! drool.......

HittinSteel said:
Looking forward to picks and video of the big dawg eating

Maybe you can have background music in the video.
I'm thinking the Cowboy Junkies doing Sweet Jane. It sounds like Sweet Jay.
That would be awesome.

kenny chaos said:
HittinSteel said:
Looking forward to picks and video of the big dawg eating

Maybe you can have background music in the video.
I'm thinking the Cowboy Junkies doing Sweet Jane. It sounds like Sweet Jay.
That would be awesome.

Anything for you kenny

What was that band back in the 80s with the chainsaw? The guy ran around on stage and revved it to the music.

Flatbedford said:
What was that band back in the 80s with the chainsaw? The guy ran around on stage and revved it to the music.

jackel

kenny chaos said:
smokinjay said:
[
here's what out there for that price range

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/1708700893.html

Too bad they don't say what brand it is.
It very well could be a diamond in the rough.
The way those old saw were built, it sometimes takes very little to revive them
and they're better than anything built today.

come on I would throw money on new straight medal without rust for 800.00 bucks and build it from scratch....I am sure what I have will stuite my needs and then some and the 880 if ever need be can be sold very easy.

kenny chaos said:
It very well could be a diamond in the rough.

Very rough!! It would be tough to find somebody who even knew how to sharpen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.