Alcove project for country st210

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quint

Oct 3, 2011
Bremerton, WA
Well picked up the stove, thing is heavy. Started the project a few days ago and figured I would post pics from beginning to end for the most part. I know I looked all over for pics for something similar for the entire process so maybe this will help some people in the future.

I am by no means the best construction worker, but I do my best. Want to point out right away that some of the cross members in the back wall are there to support the durock that I will be using. It is alot sturdier when you have more stuff to screw it too. I am going to be going with porcelain tile that will match my entry way, kitchen (eventually) and the upstairs bathroom.

I am going to have a plug in the rear for the blower and two can lights up above the stove. Oh and yes I forgot to drill the hole for the outside air, will get to that tomorrow.

Attachments

• wood stove overhaul 002.jpg
    wood stove overhaul 002.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 549
  • wood stove overhaul 010.jpg
    wood stove overhaul 010.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 716
A few more pics. Hope this is ok, trying to keep the pics small but still viewable.

Attachments

• wood stove overhaul 012.jpg
    wood stove overhaul 012.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 457
  • wood stove overhaul 014.jpg
    wood stove overhaul 014.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,394
  • wood stove overhaul 015.jpg
    wood stove overhaul 015.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 455
Well making some progress. Yeah the left corner on the hearth is a little off. I gotta trim it at a different angle which will even it up with the other side. Wish I would have caught that before I starting laying the tile. Ah well live and learn right. Still got a little ways to go, finish grouting the sides and front, lights, electrical and finally the wood trim for the outside edges that I have planned.

Had a little help so went ahead and put the stove close to inplace while I knew I would have the help. I can move it from there to where I need it for final install. Getting really excited to get to the point of getting it fired up. Oh and got the chimney all installed as well.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 405
Finally got a couple update photos. I really need to clean the tile if I am gonna take pictures.

Still have a ways to go, just happy to make some progress. Not the most ideal run for the stove pipe but without redesigning the chase and what not it was what I had to work with. Would liked to of not had 2 45 angles in there but oh well. The clearances are all good and it seems to draft alright so far. Ofcourse my limited experience with these things I cant be 100% sure of what a good or mediocre draft is.

Once again thanks for the help around here.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.