Alderlea T-5 blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
I now have a blower on my T-5 which I believe is the same blower for many PE stoves. I find it makes a huge difference getting the heat moved out and is relatively quiet compared to my CDW blower.. At $250.00 it's rather expensive but I feel it is worth the money as it really moves the heat out and the stove temp drops very quickly when it starts running.. It cycles off and on until the stove is hot and then runs steady.. One more thing is I find it more compfrtable in the room near the stove another plus.. Thought I'd pass this info along to anyone considering the PE blower..

Ray

I would add that they are quiet blowers. Unless it's on high, you barely hear it.

BeGreen said:
I would add that they are quiet blowers. Unless it's on high, you barely hear it.

Yes it's pretty quiet even turn up pretty high and moves lots of warm air too.. This definitely keeps the stove top temp quite low and feel it will help to prolong the stove life as well but most importantly the comfort level is greatly enhanced.. Got it just in time for cooler weather and possible snow tomorrow.. ugh!

Ray

I have a zero-clearance FP and it's a great heater with the blower, and what it replaced, with no blower, was useless. Convective heat travels better into adjacent rooms. Blowers help this massively.

LIJack said:
I have a zero-clearance FP and it's a great heater with the blower, and what it replaced, with no blower, was useless. Convective heat travels better into adjacent rooms. Blowers help this massively.

I hear you loud and clear and it makes a massive difference with my freestanding T-5 as well and the stove room feels very comfortable.. I like how quiet it runs compared to my old CDW blower..

Ray

Ray, i definitely hear you on the blower! I ran mine for a couple of months before i put the blower on but now that it is on the stove as sson as it reaches operating temperature i have the blower on. It makes a huge difference in heat output as well as the room comfort.

certified106 said:
Ray, i definitely hear you on the blower! I ran mine for a couple of months before i put the blower on but now that it is on the stove as sson as it reaches operating temperature i have the blower on. It makes a huge difference in heat output as well as the room comfort.

Hi Jesse,
Those who have never felt the difference that a convection stove makes over radiant will never understand how different the heat is.. I am glad to still be heating with a convective stove and the T-5 seems to really move the air a great deal better than the CDW did.. Seems the T-5 will be a serious heater and should handle my heating needs better than the CDW though the CDW came close to handling all my heating needs except for cold snaps below zero for extended periods of a week or so..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.