Alderlea T-5 hybrid stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Here is proof that the Alderlea T-5 is a hybrid stove utilizing secondary burn and dual cat technology! ;)

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_4239 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4239 (Medium).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 215
Why do you insist on showing me that dang picture Ray that hearth looks really sweet compared to mine I mean seriously you have two cats man TWO ! We only have one lol.

Pete

Why do you insist on showing me that dang picture Ray that hearth looks really sweet compared to mine I mean seriously you have two cats man TWO ! We only have one lol.

Pete
Actually I have 3 cats Pete but I didn't want to show off lol.. One is a spare in case one of the others croaks ;) It's pretty hard to tell between a live cat and a dead actually unless you go by smell alone :)

Ray

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Not sure if I have seen your hearth Pete. Have you posted it here?

Ray

Yea but it has been a while. I will put it up again for you when I get home.

Sorry I took so long Ray I had to find some pics but alas I got them off the computer ::-). The big ugly overly intrusive pipe is the outside air for the stove.

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20111211_164217.jpg
    IMG_20111211_164217.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: ScotO and raybonz
Sorry I took so long Ray I had to find some pics but alas I got them off the computer ::-). The big ugly overly intrusive pipe is the outside air for the stove.

Pete
Pete that looks great! I like the hearth and the stove! Is that silver pipe going stay there and why do you need it?

Ray

Thanks Ray ! Since we insulated the house we have had to get more humidity in the air which led me to put outside air in to the back of the stove. It worked well so far although we had to go from a smaller pipe to a gas vent pipe in order to keep the cold down. Our new hearth project will move the stove back towards the corner more and allow us to turn it sideways. That also means I can use a much less intrusive pipe. Still no Rays world of amazing cool cats ;)==c;lol

No problemo I have a spare cat for ya ;)

Ray

Dang it Ray, you got me excited about a new stove from PE. Except, it's not.:mad:
You can't see the 2 technologies at work in that pic Dave?? Matter of fact as I type this both of those cats are still there lol.. Wonder if they're dead? Hard to tell with these critters!

Ray

I gotta ask are those jugs full of moonshine Ray ? !!!:ZZZ

Pete

I gotta ask are those jugs full of moonshine Ray ? !!!:ZZZ

Pete
The white jug is actually an ale jug from a brewery in New Bedford named Smith's Ale and the motto on the jug is "Smith's ale gives strength".. Gotta love that! I grew up in New Bedford so that's pretty cool! The other jug which is also old and cracked I don't know anything about it but still a neat piece!

Ray

Now that's funny! Looks like those cats are loving the heat!

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.