Alderlea T5 Air Intake Clogged or Restricted?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cleaned the flue at the end of last season and aside from a bit in the joints there was no significant accumulation.

I read the same thing as above in my manual and if the minimum system height is measured from the bottom of the appliance (the manual indicates base of the appliance) the height is fine.

Just got through removing and cleaning the boost manifold - it was absolutely full of ash, even the holes that face the firebox. The air intake hole was covered as well. The pictures below show the cleaned up parts I just mentioned. I'm going to start a fire and see if there is any difference then look at the flue if not.

View attachment 97593View attachment 97594
Good luck Dan I hope all is well now :)
Ray

Thanks everyone for your help, cleaning out the boost manifold returned the T5 to it's lively self. I should have noticed this long ago but the flames just gradually got lazier and lazier until there was no indication of air coming in the front of the heater. After cleaning, the flames have picked back up. Thanks again everyone for your input, my guess is that the heater has been burning dirty for a couple of months and it still needs the cleaning as well.

Dan

Reactions: loon and raybonz
I'm surprised that made such a difference. Our boost manifold has been closed off for a couple years now. It has to be packed with ash. I would still add few feet of pipe this summer and a roof brace. You will notice the difference in a more willing burn and better secondary combustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.