Alderlea T5 Classic up and running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocattom

Jan 1, 2013
Maryland
Hi forum folks! New member here.?

Well after a number of years looking into an added heat source for our (all electric HVAC ) home and searching for a good stove ( wood and pellet ) finally chose PE's Alderlea T5 classic for our 2100 sq ft 2 story home.

I have a internal flu temp gauge, stove top gauge and IR gun. As well as a Digital Moisture Meter.
Im doing the best I can with wood this year average moisture 25% in new split. My burn time are about 6 hrs long with lots of coals left. Stove top temps run around 550 to 630f and the house is finally warm. Heat pumps suck.

The stove is classic black but in bright lite ( flashlight or sunlight) it looks brown. At night it looks black.

I will post some pics when i can figure out how to. I think the stove looks great but was wondering if this is normal.

Thanks to you all for the info in this forum.

Welcome to the forums! The color sounds normal. It's a rich, warm black. Good to hear that you are staying warm. Maybe you need a new gen heat pump. We love ours, but maybe your electric rates are higher.

Welcome to the forums! The color sounds normal. It's a rich, warm black. Good to hear that you are staying warm. Maybe you need a new gen heat pump. We love ours, but maybe your electric rates are higher.
Thank you for the welcome begreen!
Yes electric is high in Md since the deregulation a few years ago. I love the color just not what we were expecting.

Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.